Monday, May 7, 2018

Gabe Turns 12

Gabe is officially official. An official 12 year old, an official deacon at church, part of the youth program, and an official babysitter. He is also officially taller than I am now too! When I stand near him he doesn't seem taller, but that is because he slouches most of the time. I come in at 5'4 3/4" and Gabe is an even 5'5". I always said he would catch up with me by 12. He was interviewed by the bishop during the week and ordained to the Aaronic priesthood after church on Sunday. I'm so glad we have a very involved and caring leader for the scouts at church because we know Gabe is in good hands. He is such a good kid. Zach caught him reading up on the Doctrine and Covenants sections he suggested in the blessing and asking questions about it today. He is still our bookworm which I don't think is likely to change anytime soon, but also enjoys running his dog and playing fiddle tunes for any willing audience. He is away on a 3 day, 2 night Eco-week adventure with the sixth grade from school this week and I already miss him. Thanks for letting us become parents 12 years ago, our little Cinco de Mayo baby.





This maroon valore jacket he inherited from Kylan is a favorite. He wears it almost every week to church. This picture was taken his last week of wearing colored shirts to church before becoming a deacon. Now he wears only white so he can pass the sacrament. 

No comments:

Post a Comment